Hyaluronic Acid - Nature's Secret for Soft, Supple Skin
Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a clear, gooey substance that is naturally produced by your body.
The largest amounts of it are found in your skin, connective tissue and eyes.
Its main function is to retain water to keep your tissues well lubricated and moist.
- Hyaluronic acid helps your skin look and feel more supple.
- Hyaluronic acid in your skin binds to water to help retain moisture
- The natural aging process and exposure to things like ultraviolet radiation from the sun, tobacco smoke and pollution can decrease its amounts in the skin – so it's essential to apply more as our body's produce less.
- Doses of 120–240 mg per day for at least one month have been shown to significantly increase skin moisture and reduce dry skin in adults
- Hydrated skin also reduces the appearance of wrinkles, which may explain why several studies show that supplementing with it can make skin appear smoother
- When applied to the surface of the skin, hyaluronic acid serums can reduce wrinkles, redness and dermatitis
One the most powerful hydrating and moisturizing ingredients on the market today. Holds up to 1000 times its weight in water! Twice the amount of hyaluronic acid that is used in most other formulas!
- Hydrates the Skin
- Protects Skin by fortifying the skin’s natural barriers
- Tightens Skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Promote skin cell regeneration
- Prevents the over-production of oil that clogs pores and causes breakouts